16 September, 84
How can I think I'm standing strong,
Yet feel the air beneath my feet?
How can happiness feel so wrong?
How can misery feel so sweet?
How can you let me watch you sleep,
Then break my dreams the way you do?
How can I have got in so deep?
Why did I fall in love with you?
This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen,
This is the nearest thing to crazy I have ever known,
I was never crazy on my own
And now I know that there's a link between the two,
Being close to craziness and being close to you.
How can you make me fall apart
Then break my fall with loving lies?
It's so easy to break a heart;
It's so easy to close your eyes.
How can you treat me like a child
Yet like a child I yearn for you?
How can anyone feel so wild?
How can anyone feel so blue?
...and being close to you, and being close to you.
Popular lyrics /
of Katie Melua
Top Songs /
- Carly Rae Jepsen ‘Call Me Maybe’
- Maroon 5 ‘Payphone’
- Gotye ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’
- Katy Perry ‘Wide Awake’
- Rihanna ‘Where Have You Been’
- Ellie Goulding ‘Lights’
- fun. ‘We Are Young’
- Nicki Minaj ‘Starships’
- One Direction ‘What Makes You Beautiful’
- Usher ‘Scream’
- Flo Rida ‘Wild Ones’
- David Guetta ‘Titanium’
- The Wanted ‘Glad You Came’
- Pitbull ‘Back In Time’
- Kanye West ‘Mercy’
- Luke Bryan ‘Drunk On You’
- Karmin ‘Brokenhearted’
- Justin Bieber ‘Boyfriend’
- Train ‘Drive By’
- Eric Church ‘Springsteen’
- Kelly Clarkson ‘Stronger’
- Calvin Harris ‘Feel So Close’
- Jason Mraz ‘I Won't Give Up’
- Neon Trees ‘Everybody Talks’
- Demi Lovato ‘Give Your Heart A Break’
- Kenny Chesney ‘Come Over’
- Gym Class Heroes ‘The Fighter’